936-321-1414 | Contact Us

Stay Informed

What is a Nuisance?

This question comes up in regards to complaints sent to the WWLOA office.  Because this issue is vague in our deed restrictions, we have searched for something to help inform our members.  The article linked below is from a Texas attorney regarding the court and nuisance claims over the years.  We have posted this as an informational format only. We hope this answers some questions our members might have.

Please note, this is not from WWLOA’s attorney, just an article from another attorney in Texas.

Nuisance law – attorney opinion

Contacting Local Law Enforcement:

  • For Emergencies call 911
  • For non-Emergencies call the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department at (936) 760-5800.  The Sheriff’s Department will dispatch a Sheriff’s Deputy or Precinct 5 Constable to respond to your call.

WWLOA Email Distribution:

The WWLOA office regularly emails announcements and notices such as upcoming meeting agendas to landowners.  If you are not receiving these emails, and would like to, please notify the WWLOA office and provide your email address by any of the following methods:

  • Call the office at 936-321-1414
  • Email the office at office@westwoodloa.org
  • Select CONTACT US on the website’s Home Page and enter the requested information
  • Visit the office at 406 Mackintosh Drive
  • Click HERE to complete and submit the email sign-up form

Westwood Newsletters:

Westwood newsletters will be published quarterly in March, June, September and December.  All issues will be published to this website and can be found on the Newsletters Page.  .

Outdoor Burning:

To obtain current information on Outdoor Burning, Burn Ban and Burning Permits in Montgomery County, please contact the Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office at 936-538-8288.

Click the link below for information on Outdoor Burning (page 6 is specific to Montgomery County):