****** Scroll Down To See All Notices ******
Note: Dates of Scheduled Meetings and Other Events may be found on the Upcoming Events Page.
Meeting Agendas and Minutes may be found on the Meetings Page.
Notice – Pools Open (With Conditions) May 23, 2020:
All Three Westwood Pools will open on Saturday, May 23, 2020, as originally scheduled, with the following conditions to support the Governors Executive Order and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidelines for social distancing:
- Updated June 4, 2020 in response to the most recent Governor’s Executive Order.
The number of people permitted entry to the pool area will be limited to 50% of each pool’s capacity.
- Nickaburr Creek Pool Limit: 22 in pool area
- Oak Bluff Pool Limit: 22 in pool area
- Westwood North Pool Limit: 45 in pool area
Entrance will be denied if your party will result in the above limits being exceeded.
If capacity is reached, a one (1) hour time limit will be imposed from time of arrival.
- Entrance will be limited to those having a valid Recreation ID (age 14 and above) and immediate members of your household under 14.
- Guest access is suspended at this time.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least six (6) feet between others not within your household both in and out of the pool.
- Pool chairs will be available to use at your own risk.
Pool hours are daily from 10:00am to 8:00pm.
This year, to reduce traffic in the office, the requirement to renew Recreation IDs was waived. Valid Recreation IDs will be the color orange and will have one or two punches. Contact the office if you do not have a valid Recreation ID.
Due to the capacity restrictions, pool parties will be suspended regardless of the number of attendees.
We will continue to monitor the requirements and guidance provided by Federal, State and County government regarding swimming pool use during the COVID-19 pandemic and will provide updates as they become available.
Notice – Update on Office Closure:
The Westwood LOA Board of Directors have been following the events related to the current evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic and the guidance provided by Federal, State and County government agencies.
Effective Wednesday May 6, 2020 the Westwood LOA office will be open to landowners, contractors, vendors and the general public.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the office will open under the following conditions:
Until further notice:
- Only one person (or family) will be allowed in the office area at a time.
- The office door will remain locked. Please knock on the door for entry.
- Ensure social distancing practices are followed at all times. Maintain at least 6 feet separation from individuals not within the same household.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide further updates as new guidance is provided.
Notice – Annual Meeting / Election Postponed
Our annual members’ meeting/election was originally scheduled for June 14, 2020. However, in light of the growing concern about COVID-19 (“coronavirus”) in the United States and globally, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and other public health officials have recommended cancelling large, in-person gatherings for the next several weeks.
Westwood LOA is subject to federal, state, and local law as well as the legal mandates of the landowners’ association’s covenants that currently preclude our ability to hold our annual meeting, which requires over ten (10) persons in attendance, with the certainty of location and compliance with the law.
As a result, Westwood LOA is postponing the date of the annual members’ meeting/election from its current scheduled date of June 14, 2020. While moving to a virtual or hybrid meeting, was considered, we determined that the best course of action is to postpone the annual meeting. Tentatively scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 19, 2020.
Contacting Local Law Enforcement:
- For Emergencies call 911
- For non-Emergencies call the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department at (936) 760-5800. The Sheriff’s Department will dispatch a Sheriff’s Deputy or Precinct 5 Constable to respond to your call.
Budget information may be found on the DOCUMENTS & FORMS page located under COMMUNITY INFO.
Questions and comments related to the budget may be directed to the LOA Treasurer Diana Maichetti, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WWLOA Email Distribution:
The WWLOA office regularly emails announcements and notices such as upcoming meeting agendas to landowners. If you are not receiving these emails, and would like to, please notify the WWLOA office and provide your email address by any of the following methods:
- Call the office at 936-321-1414
- Email the office at email@example.com
- Select CONTACT US on the website’s Home Page and enter the requested information
- Visit the office at 406 Mackintosh Drive
- Click HERE to complete and submit the email sign-up form
2020 Pool Season Schedule:
- Begins Saturday May 23rd
- Last day for daily schedule Tuesday August 11th
- Saturday and Sunday only begin Saturday August 15th
- Saturday and Sunday only last day Sunday September 6th
- Last day Labor Day, Monday September 7th
Pool hours are 10am—8pm.
Freezing of Annual Maintenance Fees:
Refer to the Westwood Bylaws for information regarding the process for requesting to have your annual maintenance fees frozen at the current rate (rate when requested) if you are:
- Age 65 or older
- Disabled according the Social Security Administration
- Disabled according to the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs
WWLOA 2020 Board of Directors Election (Rescheduled Due To COVID-19):
This year at our Annual Meeting (originally scheduled for June 13, 2020) now scheduled for September 19, 2020 we will be holding an election for three (3) positions on the Board of Directors:
The self-nomination process is used for landowners to identify themselves as a candidate for one of the Director positions up for election each year and to have their name listed on the ballot.
Initial Self-Nomination Period Timeline:
- Notice of self-nomination period and forms mailed to landowners by March 3, 2020
- Self-nomination period begins on Friday March 13, 2020
- Self-nomination period closes on Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Second Self-Nomination Period Timeline (since meeting/election needed to be rescheduled due to COVID-19):
- Notice of self-nomination period and forms to be mailed to landowners by June 9, 2020
- Self-nomination period begins on Friday June 19, 2020
- Self-nomination period closes on Tuesday, July 21, 2020
WWLOA 2019 Board of Directors Election:
Click the link below to view the 2019 Election Results.
Follow the WWLOA on the Official WWLOA Facebook page, “The Westwood Landowners’ Association”, for timely updates about events in our community. The page’s username is @westwoodloa.
Westwood newsletters have returned in March, 2019. Newsletters will be published quarterly in March, June, September and December. All issues will be published to this website and can be found on the Newsletters Page. Click on Newsletters in the top right corner on the Home Page.
To obtain current information on Outdoor Burning, Burn Ban and Burning Permits in Montgomery County, please contact the Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office at 936-538-8288.
Click the link below for information on Outdoor Burning (page 6 is specific to Montgomery County):
Regular monthly meetings, open to all members, are held on the 2nd Thursday of each January, February, April, May, July, August, October, and November, in each year. An agenda is provided before the meeting. Meetings are held at 7:00 PM at the WWLOA office meeting room.
An annual meeting of the members is held on the second Saturday of June in each year. Annual meetings are for electing Directors and the transaction of other business as may come before the meeting. The location and time for the annual meeting is posted in the agenda provided prior to the meeting.
Quarterly meetings of the members are held on the 2nd Thursday of each March, September and December in each year. The quarterly members meeting is a time for all members of the WWLOA to come before the Board of Directors and bring up any concerns or topics that they want to discuss. Meetings are held at 7:00 PM at the WWLOA office meeting room.
Special meeting of the Members may be called at any time by the majority vote of the Board, or by not less than one-tenth (1/10th) of the members. The location and time of special meetings is posted in the agenda provided prior to the meeting. Only the business stated or indicated in the agenda may be conducted at the special meeting
New Revised Bylaws Effective 8/10/2018:
Click on the link below to view the Bylaws effective 08/10/2018:
The First Amendment to the Section 4 Deed Restrictions is Effective:
This Amendment to the Section 4 Deed Restrictions allows for metal buildings, meeting the criteria in the amendment, in section 4. The Amendment was filed with Montgomery County and is effective July 19, 2018.
Click the link below to view the First Amendment to the Section 4 Deed Restrictions:
WWLOA 2018 Board of Directors Election:
Click the link below to view the 2018 Election Results.