For All Outbuildings
(Allows For Metal Outbuildings)
New for Sections 1, 2, 3 and Replaces the Amendment for Section 4 (Metal Buildings)
Article 3 (RESIDENTIAL LOTS) for sections 1, 2, and 3 as well as the amendment for section 4 is amended as follows:
G. DETACHED GARAGES, RV/CAR PORTS, SHEDS, WORKSHOPS and OTHER OUTBUILDINGS.
A detached structure is defined as one that is physically separated AND is not dependent upon any other building or structure for structural support or enclosure. Connection to the residence using a walkway, breezeway or other structure will not cause the structure to be considered attached to the residence.
Under no circumstance shall any detached structure be used for short-term, temporary or permanent living quarters including overnight accommodations.
• Requires Architectural Control Committee approval prior to the start of construction and pass a final inspection upon completion of construction.
• Approved materials for the exterior siding construction are:
o Wood siding
o Cement board siding
o Metal (excluding galvanized siding)
• With the exception of used brick, only new construction materials shall be used.
• For structures larger than 100 sq. ft. the color shall be compatible with the color of the residence.
• Approved roofing materials are: asphalt shingles, wood shingles, slate tiles and metal (excluding galvanized and sheet metal).
• The location must be approved by the Architectural Control Committee and must not impede the natural flow of the existing drainage.
• Shall have storm ties that will stand a wind of 105 mph.
• Must be constructed (whether site built or prefabricated) using foundation as described in the Architectural Control Committee Guidelines and Standards in effect and on file with the County at the time of construction.
• The sum of the footprints of all impervious surfaces may not exceed 36% of the lot size up to a maximum area of 1500 sq. ft. for all outbuildings on a lot. Detached garages are included in the calculation for impervious surfaces but are not considered part of the 1500 sq. ft. maximum.
• May not exceed a height of 18 ft. from the top of the foundation to the peak.